The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

No more metronome

Official update plan and feature suggestions

No more metronome

Postby Redman82 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Hello, new to this forum stuff. I got MusicStudio a few months ago and I love it to pieces, but there is one thing I would like to request the programmers to add. A feature that can turn off the use of the metronome. I'm a musician who has learned to play by ear and have been playing for over 20 years. I have been in a few bands and whenever we created music we never used a metronome ever. Some musicians just have a natural ability to keep time and record without a metronome. i find it difficult to record a guitar riff on this app and put a drum beat to it due to the BPM settings on the metronome. I am perfectly able to record a guitar track and make a drum beat over it. Since that is how I learned and I'm sure many many musicians learned that way too. Thanks for your time and I hope this will become a feature in the future :)
Redman82

Re: No more metronome

Postby Alex » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum!
There are multiple ways to disable the metronome:
Image Image
Alex

Postby Redman82 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know the sound of the metronome can be turned off, but its the BPM that is selected that makes the druming difficult to record over a guitar track that I record. Like a live audio recording and then trying to record a drum beat with the MIDI on the app. It won't sync up and the drum beat i try to record over the guitar track just sounds all messed up and doesn't fit the guitar. It would be nice to get rid of the BPM setting. I guess I should've said the BPM setting instead of the metronome setting. Like I said before most musicians that learn by ear don't use a BPM setting when creating music. Its music, its not suppose to sound perfect. I understand how to use the BPM junk when i'm just making some dark ambient or drone music with the app, but for live audio recording is should be removed for people like me who don't use BPM. When i write a guitar riff i'm not thinking how many BPMs the song is at. Its just all in my head and already have a drum beat in my head that I want over top and you can't do that with the drums in this app due to the BPM settings. They're too restrictive. Like a new pair of underwear.
Redman82

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 am

I see, but if the metronome is always off, you just need to ignore the grid lines, they are the only thing reminding you that there is a tempo, right?
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests