The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

update on Sustain pedal and volume automation

Official update plan and feature suggestions

update on Sustain pedal and volume automation

Postby cweb8585 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 am

Hi Alex, two things I searched for and didn't see enough of:

1. Your last comment on volume automation being in 3.0 is from January, indicating it wouldn't make it into 3.0. It is on the list of high priority updates, do you see it still not making 3.0? It's soooo important to me.

2. I searched for sustain pedal, but I'm not interested in the sustain pedal button. When I'm recording from the piano, and use a sustain pedal (I'm sure you know) the music track becomes completely flooded with notes. They are recorded correctly, but it makes it impossible for me to look at the music and analyze/play with it because all the notes are a smear. I'm sure you've seen how Garageband does this, waaaaaaay easier. Is there any plan for that fix? I like music studio, honestly if these two things were fixed I'd shout from the rooftops how awesome you are.
cweb8585

Re: update on Sustain pedal and volume automation

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi!
1. Yes, volume automation is still not on the list for v3.0 I'm afraid.
2. I know, recording sustain pedal currently translates to note lengths and this makes note editing harder. This is listed as "MIDI CC recording", but this too is not a feature of version 3.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Cweb85 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Alex wrote:Hi!
1. Yes, volume automation is still not on the list for v3.0 I'm afraid.
2. I know, recording sustain pedal currently translates to note lengths and this makes note editing harder. This is listed as "MIDI CC recording", but this too is not a feature of version 3.

Well that is too bad. I'm afraid that I'll have to look to other software as those are really important to my style. I bought Music Studio primarily so it would create files I could use for making sheet music, but I just can't get around volume automation (the pedal I would have worked with). I've allready purchased all your instruments and software, do you have a suggestion for a different software that will have volume automation?
Cweb85

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:07 am

I'm sure you understand that I can't recommend competitor DAWs here ;)
It also depends on your personal preference in terms of user interface and required features. There are many top 10 DAW lists from well-known audio magazines and mobile music blogs on the web, I suggest you watch YouTube videos of the top 5 or 10 before you decide.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests