The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Allow pre-programmed tracks to be played as a drum pad

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Allow pre-programmed tracks to be played as a drum pad

Postby rupamroy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Feature
==========
One should be able to create and name a track which could have any set of notes or MIDI track. Then when using the drumpad where we play chords , we should be able to add the named track as a pad.

Along with chords when we touch this pad it should immediately play the track without any delay.
rupamroy

Re: Allow pre-programmed tracks to be played as a drum pad

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

That's a good idea, but I'm afraid I can't add it to the list because it would require us to rewrite large parts of Music Studio. It's built around the idea of 1 sequencer that plays all the tracks and 1 selected track where keys and pads trigger 1 instrument. Rewriting it so that a pads can trigger tracks would mean rewriting the sequencer from scratch, which is not feasible considering our busy schedule for the next years.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Bianca » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 pm

What’s the longest audio file that can be loaded into a drum kit instrument?
Bianca

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm

There is no limit, as long as the instrument doesn't take up more than 80% of the available memory (RAM).
I see where you're going with this, one could export all tracks separately to WAV files, create a user instrument that maps each wav file on a key and play it on the drum pads -> Eureka :idea:
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests