The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Handy loop pool

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Handy loop pool

Postby Aziz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 am

Hello, it would be great if there was a button opening a large and conveniently categorized loop pool, just like it was in Dance Machine and Ejay software for PC. So I could just select to audition and then drag required loops onto the tracks, creating composition instantly. This could increase your app users number by a 200 % :)

Also miss a pseudo aftertouch function for modulating velocity by sliding keys. But I have found this feature in your update plan as possible but not for sure.
And direct and easy audio recording into tracks and loop pool would be great.

In all other respects your software is great, comparable and even surpass (keyboard input, pads) that of FL Studio.

Thank you!
Aziz

Re: Handy loop pool

Postby Alex » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:53 am

Hi! Thanks for your feedback :)

it would be great if there was a button opening a large and conveniently categorized loop pool

Indeed that would be great, but we currently lack the server infrastructure for operating an online library of loops.

Also miss a pseudo aftertouch function for modulating velocity by sliding keys. But I have found this feature in your update plan as possible but not for sure.

Right, "Keyboard modulation/aftertouch/volume control by sliding vertically" hasn't been requested that much.

And direct and easy audio recording into tracks

This is listed as "Audio recording in the Tracks screen" at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409
Image Image
Alex

Postby Aziz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:09 am

Alex wrote:but we currently lack the server infrastructure for operating an online library

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply, while online library is a good idea, but I personally prefer my own offline library, with clyps colored and named, managed from Music Studio and iTunes shared folder.. It would be perfect if there will be two pools - online, with free and paid stuff, and offline where you can copy sounds you like from online library.

Also this audio pool can hold not only audio files, but midi too. This can be very handy to insert repeated sequences where needed in track view, without touching piano roll.

I call this approach (like it was in eJay) a "higher level music programming" or "objective programming". Just like in computer programming there are two ways of coding - from bottom to top (Assembler) and vice versa (Delphi, etc). And it seems to be more efficient just like modern building construction from concrete blocks is more effective in quality and speed than building from bricks (piano roll, notation). So I thinks it would be a nice feature :)

Good luck and thank you for your fulfilling of our software dreams!
Aziz

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks for your feedback!

One question/request...is there a way to restart a loop from the beginning without reloading it?

If you set the markers http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=7#Markers
the loop button loops the area in between: http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=5#Loop_button
and the stop button rewinds the playhead.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests