The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Can't get mono option to work

Get help from other users.

Can't get mono option to work

Postby Tinytiffy2k » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:29 pm

I've read other questions on this forum regarding mono, however I don't even have am option to enable or disable audiobus, so since I'm not using it I should be able to select track effects with mono and hear myself DURING recording! However, it's not giving me the options, nor can I hear myself during track effects! In settings I do not have the options for mono or stereo! I have headphones in! I have an iPod touch, this feature worked a month ago, I even purchased full version! Am I missing something???!! I have emailed support and haven't heard back! I'm not given the mono options, can someone help?!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (184.04 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (131.6 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (132.56 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
Tinytiffy2k

Re: Can't get mono option to work

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:16 pm

This has nothing to do with mono / stereo.
Stereo isn't available because the device's internal microphone is mono only, as are earphones with mic.

Monitoring with “Track effects” doesn’t work, it’s a known issue that will be fixed in the next update (next month):
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2275#p5772
Image Image
Alex

Postby Martinsnape » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:37 pm

I have a similar problem. I connext my mic via XLR in the left hand channel but I can only monitor in the left hand can of my speakers. How can I get the input on the TRACKS page to give me a mon o input?
Martinsnape

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 am

I connext my mic via XLR in the left hand channel but I can only monitor in the left hand can of my speakers.

If only the left channel receives input, then monitoring will play this signal only on the left channel (speaker). There is no mono to stereo conversion in Music Studio's monitoring system.

How can I get the input on the TRACKS page to give me a mon o input?

By selecting "Mono L" in the channels dropdown menu:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=13#Input_source
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support