The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Music Studio on ipad can't record bending signal from APro

Get help from other users.

Music Studio on ipad can't record bending signal from APro

Postby xuantanngo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:24 am

Hi everyone. I use Music Studio in iPad to record signal from MIDI Controller Roland APRO 500. The problem is that when I record the sound electric guitar from Sampletank, Music Studio can not get the bending note. For example, if I bend from note C to D (I use the bending control of APro 500) then the recorded sound in Music Studio track is still note C. Anyone know how to fix it, pls help me. Thanks so much :)
xuantanngo

Re: Music Studio on ipad can't record bending signal from AP

Postby Alex » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:57 pm

Music Studio responds to received pitch bend MIDI events, and sends them. There is no known bug, I just tested it by sending MIDI pitch bend from another app (NLog) to Music Studio, also I sent pitch bend events from Music Studio to SampleTank and it worked as expected.

So my guess is that in your setup, the forwarding of MIDI pitch bend from the Roland APRO 500, to Music Studio, to SampleTank doesn't work. Did I understand your setup correctly, do you send MIDI from the Roland to Music Studio, and from Music Studio to SampleTank? Is MIDI Thru enabled in Music Studio's MIDI Setup?
Image Image
Alex

Re: Music Studio on ipad can't record bending signal from AP

Postby Unknown Crewman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:41 am

Music Studio only records pitch bend, when playing a note and at the same time using the bender. If you try to record pitch bend without recording a note, IOW if you e.g. want to add pitch bend to an already recorded note, it doesn't work.

Regards,
Ralf
Unknown Crewman

Return to Support