The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Music Studio doesn't launch on Remix / Android Marshmallow

Get help from other users.

Re: How to send us crash reports

Postby AlanBell68 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:32 am

I have been using Music Studio under Remix OS on my PC for some time now, and it has been working great! Remix has just recently updated from using Android Lollipop to Marshmallow. Prior to this switch, every upgrade worked fine. Are there any known issues with Music Studio running under Marshmallow?

The issue seems to occur when extracting the second file during the first run of the app. The progress bar for the first file goes all the way from left to right, and when the progress bar for file 2 begins, it goes for mayb 15% or so of the way, starts back to a blank progress bar, begins to move again, and then the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, before the app closes.

Subsequent attempts to reopen cause it to close immediately, unless I clear the data and cache, when the initial extraction problem recurs.

I have looked for the the crash log file in the location specified, but I do not see a log file. Does this only get generated after the initial successful start of the app, following a successful file extraction, perhaps? I have also logged a bug request with Remix, in the hope that I can find a solution.

Thanks i advance for your help.
AlanBell68

Music Studio doesn't launch on Remix / Android Marshmallow

Postby Alex » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:35 am

Music Studio runs fine on our Android 6 Marshmallow phones and tablets.
If the download or extraction at the first launch fails, it's usually a sign that either the connection to the Play Store failed, or file access to certain Android (obb) folders failed.
Image Image
Alex

Re: Music Studio doesn't launch on Remix / Android Marshmall

Postby Bianca » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:14 am

I think you need to be talking to the people who make remix really.
Bianca

Re: Music Studio doesn't launch on Remix / Android Marshmall

Postby AlanBell68 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks for the info. I have a bug report open with them, but figured your insight might give them a good place to start looking without them having to purchase the software to test it. I wasnt sure if this was specific to the full or lite version, or linked to my having purchased the full instruments pack.
AlanBell68

Return to Support