The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Play / pause recording

Get help from other users.

Play / pause recording

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 am

Hi, I'm on iPhone, I know how to record a piano track simultaneously with my voice in Music Studio, but :
1- I did not find the way to stop/pause a recording lets say at bar 6 and resume from bar 6 without overwriting previous vocal take, recording always starts from bar 1 !
The only way I've found was to create a new audio track from bar 6, any ideas, because it is hard tio record the whole song in only one time.
2 - Why not creating a record button in the "Tracks" tab without opening a dedicated voice window?
Thanks for your help.
Dan
Last edited by Dan on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Re: Play / pause recording

Postby Lacucaracha743 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:10 pm

There actually is a record button in the Tracks tab.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_3a3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3a3.jpeg (169.91 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
Lacucaracha743

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 am

Hi, I'm sorry but no record button found in the Tracks tab as you can see on this image:

Record button available only in keyboard tab as seen here:

Thanks for help.
Dan
Dan

Postby Alex » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:03 am

Hi Dan!

Dan wrote:1- I did not find the way to stop/pause a recording lets say at bar 6 and resume from bar 6 without overwriting previous vocal take, recording always starts from bar 1 !

Before starting the (MIDI or audio) recording, move the left marker to bar 6:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=7#Markers

Dan wrote:2 - Why not creating a record button in the "Tracks" tab without opening a dedicated voice window?

The Record button in the Tracks tab is only visible on newer iPhone models. We'll add it for iPad in a future update.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Before starting the (MIDI or audio) recording, move the left marker to bar 6:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=7#Markers

Hi Alex, Indeed, record button is available on iPhone 5s (I have a 4S, please could you update this feature for Ipad and iPhone 4S ?)

As told earlier in the topic, and even on iPhone 5S on which I tried out, I did not find the way to stop/pause a recording at bar 6 and resume from bar 6 without overwriting previous vocal take, even using the left marker from bar 6 (midi starts recording indeed from bar 6) overwrites the audio take, and only last take from marker set to bar 6 is available.

Thanks Alex for help.
Dan
Dan

Postby Alex » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Dan wrote:Indeed, record button is available on iPhone 5s (I have a 4S, please could you update this feature for Ipad and iPhone 4S ?

There isn't enough screen space for an additional button in the menu bar on iPhone 4S, but we're going to add it for iPad.

Dan wrote:As told earlier in the topic, and even on iPhone 5S on which I tried out, I did not find the way to stop/pause a recording at bar 6 and resume from bar 6 without overwriting previous vocal take, even using the left marker from bar 6 (midi starts recording indeed from bar 6) overwrites the audio take, and only last take from marker set to bar 6 is available.

Previous takes are always overwritten on audio tracks, because an audio track can only contain (multiple instances of) 1 audio file. To record another take, add an audio track, mute your first audio track, place the left marker, double tap the new audio track and start recording.

Improvements in this area (e.g. "Multiple audio files per track") are already on the list: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support