The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Problem installing MusicStudio on Android phone

Get help from other users.

Problem installing MusicStudio on Android phone

Postby RezaYazdi604 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:58 pm

I've been using Music Studio on iPhone/iPad for a while and everything was perfect.
I recently bought an Android phone and tried the lite version on it and that worked perfectly as well.
Then I purchased the premium version (although I had already paid for the iOS version) and tried to install it on the phone but it stops in the middle of installing (1/2 files) and gives the following error: "Error extracting expansion file. Make sure that there is at least 210MB disk space available". See attached picture. This is where there is at least 1.8GB memory left in the phone because it's brand new and the only 2 apps are the Music Studio lite and the premium version. Could you please help me out?

Also I was wondering do I need to pay twice on the iOS and Android?

Thank you
Attachments
IMG_1293.JPG
Error with Android installation
IMG_1293.JPG (953.98 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
RezaYazdi604

Re: Problem installing MusicStudio on Android phone

Postby Alex » Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 am

Please try to reinstall Music Studio:
  • Terminate all running apps from the task manager.
  • Uninstall Music Studio
  • Delete the folder Android/obb/com.xewton.musicstudio3
  • Reboot your device (hold the power button, then power off, then press the power button again to start).
  • Install Music Studio from the Play Store - you won't have to pay for it again.

This is where there is at least 1.8GB memory left in the phone

The message about requiring 210MB of free disk space is incorrect. After the download, twice the amount of disk space might be required for unpacking the contents. To be on the safe side, 1GB should be free. On most Android devices, the free memory is required on the SD card, not on the device’s internal memory. I assume that this is the case on your device?

Also I was wondering do I need to pay twice on the iOS and Android?

Unfortunately yes, the 2 stores are not linked in any way and the purchase, payment and download process is managed by Apple and Google.
It's like purchasing the same game on the Mac App Store and on Steam, one must pay twice because those stores are not linked.
Image Image
Alex

Postby RezaYazdi604 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:32 am

Thanks Alex for the prompt reply.
I don't have any SD card in my phone.
I just bought one and I'm going to try it again tonight and let you know.
RezaYazdi604

Postby RezaYazdi604 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:10 am

Hi Alex,

So I just plugged in the 8GB SD card into the phone and re-install the app and it worked like a charm.
Thank you very much!

However, after I opened the app and got all the in app downloads, I noticed that this Android version is lacking sampler (user inst) and MIDI HW support, which are basically the 2 features I need. :cry:

This is really unfortunate. I noticed that these may be available by late 2017. Do you have any plans to release them earlier?
RezaYazdi604

Postby Alex » Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 am

So I just plugged in the 8GB SD card into the phone and re-install the app and it worked like a charm.

Great! Good to know that an SD card is required for some Android devices.

I noticed that this Android version is lacking sampler (user inst) and MIDI HW support

The 2 versions are not in sync yet, it's version 2.8 on iOS and 2.0 on Android. Here's the feature comparison table:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/overview/

I noticed that these may be available by late 2017. Do you have any plans to release them earlier?

If we could, we would. The answer is no, because developing a cross-platform code base takes way more work than we anticipated. I keep this page updated regarding the next releases:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409
Image Image
Alex

Postby duhil » Mon May 29, 2017 5:30 am

I just thought to have my own music studio. With room size 3x4, complete musical equipment plus sound insulation to muffle the sound.

For now, I can only use MusicStudio on Android Phone :lol:
But I am satisfied to use it
duhil

Return to Support