The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Problem with Drumssticks velocity connected by Core MIDI

Get help from other users.

Problem with Drumssticks velocity connected by Core MIDI

Postby fittingman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi together,

I use FREEDRUM (Air Drumming) together with MUSIC STUDIO. By this I can play drum part by using real drums sticks connected with iOS-Music Studio by Bluetooth (Core MIDI). This runs instead of tipp the Drum Pad in the App. The Problem: Drumbeats made by the sticks and bluetooth sensors have mostly no sustain when I hit the drumstick in the air. Sustained drum sound only comes out of app, when I beat onto a real fixed underground (like a book or pillow laying in my legs during air drumming), because of sudden 'stop' of the drumstick on the udnerground. The app realise this hit than as a sustainable drum beat and the sound is ok. But if I hit teh drumstick in the air (what is normal for FREEDRUM), than the app shortens the hit sound unnormally short.

Is there any possibility to solve this problem and let the drum beat have the natural sustain ?

Your help would be very appriciated and thanks in advance.
fittingman

Re: Problem with Drumssticks velocity connected by Core MIDI

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:48 am

Hi! I'm not a drummer, I never used Freedrum, but from what you describe I think that increasing the release time to the maximum is what you're looking for. Use the release fader in the Instruments screen:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=6
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support