The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Issue with length of waveform vs length of track.

Get help from other users.

Issue with length of waveform vs length of track.

Postby sound of muzak » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Hello. I have been playing around with music studio for bit but am having an issue now that I have recorded some guitars. The original guitar recording I made was 14 seconds long but I multiplied it several times so it would repeat for approximately 64 seconds and edited it so it would flow seamlessly. However when I double tap the track to enter the waveform editor screen it still is only 14 seconds long as if it did not register that I multiplied the track to be longer. What am I missing?
Thanks!
sound of muzak

Re: Issue with length of waveform vs length of track.

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi! This is intended, the wave editor (that comes up when you double tap the track) shows the raw audio file, no matter how often it is placed on the track. The duplicates of the audio file on the track (in the bar editor) are just instances of this audio file, meaning that if you edit the audio file in the wave editor, you modify all instances of it on the track.
Image Image
Alex

Postby sound of muzak » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Ah, ok that makes sense. Thanks for your reply!
sound of muzak

Postby sound of muzak » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Oh and i have one more question to ask you. How do I turn on monitoring while I am recording guitar? I see the monitoring button when I am about to record but it won't let me actually activate it. would be very helpful lol.
Thanks again!
sound of muzak

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:48 am

See http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=13#Monitoring
"To prevent feedback, input monitoring is only available if headphones or an external microphone are connected."
Image Image
Alex

Postby sound of muzak » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi, I believe I was not really clear at all about my issue. I have headphones and can hear myself play but if I record some guitar on a track and wish to continue recording on that same track, what was previously recorded is erased and replaced with whatever I am currently recording. Basically, if I want to record half of a guitar part and then "punch in" on certain parts & continue recording, I can't because whatever was recorded on that track is erased. Surely this can be changed?
sound of muzak

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:46 am

Ok now I think I know what you mean. Since Music Studio can only hold one audio file per track (but multiple instances of it), the way to record multiple takes is to create a new track for each recording.

To punch in, set the left marker to where you want to start recording. Punch out is not supported, just stop the recording when you're done ;)

This video doesn't show recording on a new track every time, but it illustrates how to work with multiple audio tracks (3 takes in 1 file are split up onto 3 tracks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO6Kt3EysRk
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support