The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Purchased instrument not appearing on Kindle

Get help from other users.

Purchased instrument not appearing on Kindle

Postby shoegaze » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Mentioned in another post, but just wanted to touch on it in its own thread as well.

Purchased Music Studio the other evening after being impressed by the Lite version and am glad for the purchase. Great software.

However, a short while ago I purchased the all-in-one instrument pack. The instruments are not showing up. I've shut down the app and rebooted my Kindle several times to no avail.

I'm using a Kindle Fire HD 7 (4th generation). Purchased the add-on via the in-app button. Both Amazon and my Paypal account show that payment has gone through.

Any fix for this or should I seek a refund from Amazon?

I'd prefer a fix so I can use those instruments, but if a refund is my best bet, so be it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
shoegaze

Re: Purchased instrument not appearing on Kindle

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Just a few more days until the bugfix update, we are almost ready to submit it to Amazon's app review.
Image Image
Alex

Postby shoegaze » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks much, glad to hear the news. Then I'll sit tight and wait for a bit, assuming that my purchase will show up once the fix goes through. Hopefully Amazon's review process is speedy, as I assume there is a limited window for refunds.

Thanks, and keep up the great work. I've been enjoying the product quite a bit.
shoegaze

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 pm

We just released the update to Music Studio 2.0.5 on the Amazon Appstore, it fixes the issue.

However, you'll probably have to purchase the in-app purchases (additional instruments) again, and unfortunately Amazon charges users again for the same in-app purchase. This is against our philosophy, on iOS and Android purchasing an app (or in-app purchase) entitles the user to unlimited re-downloads on all devices. Anyway, if Amazon charges you twice, please request a refund from Amazon for your past in-app purchase.
Image Image
Alex

Postby shoegaze » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:31 pm

For anyone reading who uses this on Kindle, just wanted to update on my experience so you know how to get things up and running.

Last night I successfully had Amazon issue a refund for the first in-app purchase. There isn't a clear mechanism for it, they say they don't do refunds on digital purchases, so you have to contact them to do it. I did it through chat. Took just a few minutes. Very easy. Just have your transaction ID on hand. I provided them a link to this thread, but don't think I needed to.

Waited a few hours, cleared my Kindle's memory, rebooted, then tried purchasing the instrument pack again. Purchase successful, but once again, no instruments. Cleared memory and rebooted again, still no luck.

Checked the app version number. It was still 2.0.3. The app had not updated to 2.0.5. So check your version number fiest!

Went to manually update the app, but it would not update. Just stalled at 0% and wouldn't budge even after several tries and reboots. Wasn't a network issue, as other apps updated just fine.

So I uninstalled the app and removed it from both my Kindle and Kindle cloud (but not before backing up my files to my PC).

Version 2.0.5 then started downloading. Downloaded and installed successfully. (And for the record, my old files automatically transferred just fine, just as the FAQ says they will.)

Made the in-app purchase of instruments AGAIN (my third time). This time, they finally appeared!

Unfortunately, at least one of my instruments disappeared, the Saz Lute. I had used it in a piece and it disappeared. (The piece I created replaced it with Grand Piano 2.) The instrument no longer appears in my list despite being shown as one of the world instruments in the store and being part of the core app purchase.

But that's a side issue that I will try to resolve, along with seeking another refund on my second double purchase.

Bottom line is, the in-app purchases work on Kindle now, just be sure to check your version number first. If it's not updated to 2.0.5, you may need to uninstall and download it again.
shoegaze

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks for your detailed how-to, I'm glad that it works now on your Kindle!

I too noticed during testing on my devices that the Kindle's update mechanism is a pain. Automatic updates didn't work at all, but manually tapping the app in the Library and then tapping the "Update" button worked.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support