The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Separate Track Effects

General discussion about Music Studio.

Separate Track Effects

Postby ZuN » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi,
Love Music Studio it is a god send, being able to whip out my phone when inspiration strikes and lay down my ideas, for me one of the single most important apps on my iphone.

Just curious if we will have the ability to use different effects/effect settings per track in the near future, maybe be able to apply different effects on the master channel also.

Thanks!
ZuN

Re: Separate Track Effects

Postby TecWeed » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:16 am

I was told that it will only be possible on the iPad because the iPhone/iTouch doesn't have enough RAM (I don't know about the iPhone 4). The pitchbend effect works on all separate channels though, which is awesome.
Using Music Studio on an iPod touch 2G (16GB iOS4).
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby ZuN » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm

The new iPhone doubles the ram of the ipad maybe there could be a toggle for iphone 3g/3gs and iPhone 4
ZuN

Postby Alex » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi ZuN, welcome to the forum!

The number of effect busses depends on the available CPU speed and not on the RAM. Currently (as of v1.3) Music Studio has 3 busses:
1. Main (=all enabled effects)
2. FX (=Main + a few selected effects with FX enabled)
3. Raw (=no effects)

The A4 CPU which is built into iPad and iPhone 4 might be capable of handling 6 busses, so we could reserve 1 bus for each effect + 1 raw bus. 6 busses would make it possible to enable any selection of effects for each track separately. We'll see what we can do in future updates.
Image Image
Alex

Return to General discussion