The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

My first attempt: orchestral metal (rough idea)

Share your songs with others.

Re: My first attempt: orchestral metal (rough idea)

Postby Midisound » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:50 am

Hello

Thanks for your work. I get off your collection Roland XP. I use pretty "film Octaves" and "longing" for the type of music I do. If you want to hear the result you can do: musical composition is called
" Aquarius "and this in a post on page 3 now, titled " playing with pads and other instruments "

I notice if I have some idea about your project, but will not be with the instruments you propose, because the type of music I do not allow me to be creative with them.

Good Job again
Midisound

Postby Bianca » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:02 am

Would be easier if you zipped up the xms and all the instruments together....
Bianca

Postby TripMX » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Maarten1978, I heard your rough unfinished idea song via the SoundCloud link you provided! The potential is astounding and your homemade power chords are great! I understand your ordeal, so I will give you some advice: You must take your time and try not to rush to the end of the song....it can be hard at times, and I know that ideas that pop-up won't always be easy to execute, but with time and careful dedicated planning, it is possible to overcome these limitations.
TripMX

Postby Bianca » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:38 am

Maarten1978 wrote:@Bianca, I don't think it is possible yet to include user instruments in a zipped Music Studio project file. !

Actually it is but you have to make the zip file on your PC/Mac or in something like Ifiles on your ipod.

Warning this is big download.!!!!!! Containing Maartens song and all the associated instr files.

The instr files unpack into the project folder from where you have to load them into the instrument folder (just double tap on them in turn)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9ayirilf7ubohm/FirstSong.zip
Bianca

Postby Midisound » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 am

Hi Marteen

It is very difficult to explain that technique is used to compose, because each person works with different formulas. As TripMX says, it takes patience.

Sometimes the problem is that we have an idea but we translate it, and others simply do not get ideas

Besides, I'm not a musician, I have not studied music theory and music or play instruments either: my tools are the ear and imagination.

That if I've heard a lot of music and varied in my life: jazz, pop, rock, HM, flamenco, classical .... But I'll give you some tips that I my work:

1 Try to imagine the melody as a whole, you focus not on an instrument. If you want you can whistle it and burn it (works for me). My opinion is that if you focus on a specific tool to do something, you lose the whole project would only be recommended if you touch her with some skill that instrument. Note that usually the great composers of classical music not played instruments were not big concert or playing instruments.

2 If you have and what you are unsure, start with the drums and then bass. After the other instruments. The effects can be made after and during recording.

3 If you have, but have questions about how to begin, start with a tool that allows long notes: as a classical instrument (Although you then you substitute for another) or a synthesizer. Try to play the melody with that instrument. Then add the other instruments. If you do not find solutions, is looking for a helping percussion rhythm.

After a while you will know find solutions more quickly and even be able to break or fragment into different parts and different tools before you start your creations.

I've even you will realize that your new ideas flow faster and in greater quantity. I've described as I started to use XMS. I hope it helps.
Midisound

Postby johncena » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:54 am

elow you find a link to the XMS file of my first attempt. Please feel free to give your feedback or remix/finish the idea to your own liking. I'd love to learn from
Get fast success in 70-483 exam questions by using our latest exam braindumps.com - ccna dumps We also offer up-to-date rasmussen
johncena

Return to Showcase