The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

New Song...

Share your songs with others.

New Song...

Postby Eliotmad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:51 pm

Hey,

I made a song in which I tried to explore the weirdest and most mysterious sounds I could get out of the Music Studio instruments like the Sine Lead and the Reso Bass, by adding a Phaser or Bitcrusher effect with different reverb and delay settings. I think it turned out pretty well in this new song I called ‘’Slow Descent Into Madness’’, which represents pretty well itself. I hope you enjoy, and you can leave a comment if you do, I would really appreciate it.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/eliotmad/slow-de ... to-madness

XMS file:
Slow Descent Into Madness.xms
(137.48 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Eliotmad

Re: New Song...

Postby Kolbaska » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Insane! Great atmosphere, it was always pretty hard for me to create something liek this. It can go as a nice demo/tutorial for such a purposes.

Also, what are that 3 missing user instruments? Do they give a big sound difference vs native MS instruments?
Kolbaska

Postby Eliotmad » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:19 pm

First, thanks for your feedback! I worked pretty hard on this one to get the perfect sounds I've gotta admit. The 3 missing instruments are 1 tubular bell, which is in my opinion of much better quality, that I made from a sound sample I downloaded, and 2 pianos that I combined to get a better sound also from sounds samples. They actually do make a big difference in the song, being present a lot in the middle part. If you listened to it on Soundcloud, you probably noticed the difference.
Eliotmad

Postby Midisound » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:07 am

hi Eliot

Technically very interesting. Original and dark. the title is perfect.

Only the last minute I just did not fit.

Really a good job, like everything you do.
Midisound

Postby Eliotmad » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! When you say the last minute, are you referring to the part with the drum?
Eliotmad

Postby Kdogcronin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:05 pm

What an epic piece of art. Love this. One of the best XMS pieces I've heard. 10/10. My tracks are usually quite dark also. Check out mine too if you like mate. Peace out.
Kdogcronin

Postby Eliotmad » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks! It's always pleasurable to see these kinds of comments. And yeah, sure, I'll definitely check out your songs.
Eliotmad

Postby Midisound » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:39 am

Hi Eliot

I meant that from 6 minutes termination makes me a bit long: it is your decision as a composer.

But it's an excellent job in any case
Midisound

Postby Eliotmad » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:34 am

Yes it's a bit long I agree, but I think it really fits the ''story'' that unfolds throughout the song, after the intense rage and madness, comes the period of recovery and misunderstanding, were darkness envelops you and were you loose yourself in it. Well, it's like this that I saw it when I composed the song. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.
Eliotmad

Postby Kdogcronin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:13 pm

Eliotmad wrote:Yes it's a bit long I agree, but I think it really fits the ''story'' that unfolds throughout the song, after the intense rage and madness, comes the period of recovery and misunderstanding, were darkness envelops you and were you loose yourself in it. Well, it's like this that I saw it when I composed the song. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Fab!!
Kdogcronin

Return to Showcase