The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Goodbye Mr. Bailey (Jazz)

Share your songs with others.

Goodbye Mr. Bailey (Jazz)

Postby Sirderp101 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:11 am

Who doesn't like jazz?

Oh, you hate jazz, well then... I'm sorry. Still you should this out

https://soundcloud.com/sirderps101/goodbye-mr-bailey
Sirderp101

Re: Goodbye Mr. Bailey (Jazz)

Postby TripMX » Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 am

I like jazz! :D
This song sounds quite mainstream and full of life! It is clear that you were trying to achieve a jazzy piece, and it turned out really cool! I approve! ;)
TripMX

Postby Mel O. Dee » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:55 am

Dear "Sirderp101"...

I have enjoyed listening to "jazz" music since I was a child. Listening to your composition, "Goodbye, Mr. Bailey," gave me a thrill!

I listened to it multiple times. It has a big, brassy sound, a driving, swinging tempo, and sounds like something that would have been composed for a big band or studio orchestra during the 1950's. My compliments to you!

The vibrato quality of the (tenor, or alto?) saxophone solo was quite musical and realistic. Is that the way the instrument sounded orginally in Music Studio, or did you modify it somehow?

Also, the drum track sounded equally realistic and swinging. Did you create it note-by-note? Regardless, I look forward to listening to more of your compositions.

Thanks for the pleasurest your music gave me!

Sincerely,

"Mel O. Dee"
Mel O. Dee

Postby Sirderp101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 am

Mel O. Dee wrote:Dear "Sirderp101"...

I have enjoyed listening to "jazz" music since I was a child. Listening to your composition, "Goodbye, Mr. Bailey," gave me a thrill!

I listened to it multiple times. It has a big, brassy sound, a driving, swinging tempo, and sounds like something that would have been composed for a big band or studio orchestra during the 1950's. My compliments to you!

The vibrato quality of the (tenor, or alto?) saxophone solo was quite musical and realistic. Is that the way the instrument sounded orginally in Music Studio, or did you modify it somehow?

Also, the drum track sounded equally realistic and swinging. Did you create it note-by-note? Regardless, I look forward to listening to more of your compositions.

Thanks for the pleasurest your music gave me!

Sincerely,

"Mel O. Dee"

Sorry for the late notice, glad you enjoyed it, it was a fun piece to make. The sax is a 3rd party instrument. Yep, the drum was made note by note. I think I'll start work on a new jazz piece next
Sirderp101

Return to Showcase