The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Cinematic music demo 2 - Ipad Music studio

Share your songs with others.

Cinematic music demo 2 - Ipad Music studio

Postby belon_cfy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:48 am

This is my second cinematic music, completely composed and arranged on the IPad music studio.

The Drumkit strike is the only 3rd party instrument, there are 3 tracks sample but all are from the same instrument.

Can't believe that I have hit the ceiling of 128 polyphony, some of the note were cutted off during playback. :?

https://soundcloud.com/beloncfy/cinema-demo2-mastered
Last edited by belon_cfy on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
belon_cfy

Re: Cinematic music demo 2 - Ipad Music studio

Postby Midisound » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:53 am

very impressive work. Congratulations
Midisound

Postby TripMX » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:14 am

Oh my gosh belon_cfy, that was amazing!! I was very impressed to hear a composition of this musical magnitude coming from Music Studio!! Very epic and high production value! May I ask, how long did it take you to finish this song?
TripMX

Postby belon_cfy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:50 pm

TripMX wrote:Oh my gosh belon_cfy, that was amazing!! I was very impressed to hear a composition of this musical magnitude coming from Music Studio!! Very epic and high production value! May I ask, how long did it take you to finish this song?

A month I think , because I'm not 12hours X 7days worked on it. :D Some time just leave it there for a week because really shortage of idea to continue.

Just try my best to release full potential of Music Studio even the feature is still very limited compare to computer version of DAW, It can do a lot better than others IOS DAW such as Beat Maker2 ,Nano Studio, and even GarageBand. :mrgreen:

I instantly bought the Music Studio and unlock all the instruments after I saw this .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0USY5AMywM
Last edited by belon_cfy on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
belon_cfy

Postby belon_cfy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Midisound wrote:very impressive work. Congratulations

belon_cfy

Postby Midisound » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I've used the equalizer, but not as much as it seems. There are sounds of kv331 app I've used with InterApp function.

There are no secrets. With your orchestral skill you can do with practice, because, in my opinion, what you do is more difficult.

Do you want the project?
Midisound

Postby belon_cfy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Midisound wrote:Thank you for your comments. Yes, I've used the equalizer, but not as much as it seems. There are sounds of kv331 app I've used with InterApp function.

There are no secrets. With your orchestral skill you can do with practice, because, in my opinion, what you do is more difficult.

Do you want the project?

Thanks for your recommendation , just tried the KV331, it's really phenomenal. Have you purchase all the sound or just use the free version instead?

Just curious, are you a professional musician or composer which holding some project? All of your productions were done on Music Studio as well?
belon_cfy

Postby Midisound » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi.

If you hear my songs in soundcloud, there is one called "new dimension": the first in which I use the InterApp. first started with Alchemy (unfortunately disappeared) and use for months kv.

I keep using XMS, so my songs are hybrid

I just download it and buy several packs version Of KV (I have them almost all).

Ah! I'm not professional. for almost 6 years composing and using XMS.

I was wondering if you were interested in the project in xms "with style" ?
Midisound

Postby belon_cfy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Midisound wrote:Hi.

If you hear my songs in soundcloud, there is one called "new dimension": the first in which I use the InterApp. first started with Alchemy (unfortunately disappeared) and use for months kv.

I keep using XMS, so my songs are hybrid

I just download it and buy several packs version Of KV (I have them almost all).

Ah! I'm not professional. for almost 6 years composing and using XMS.

I was wondering if you were intereterested in the project in xms "with style" ?

Great! Sounds like you were using for multi track wav processing as well as midi composition. I'm your opposite, all the voices and notes were completely played on ipad keyboard by "my finger".

Just bought a good audio mastering tool, result as follow, but the quality drops due to low bitrate of soundcloud transcoding.

Unmastered version - I used some effect such as XMS built-in EQ, limiter, i did make it as loud as possible but the distortion is noticable.
https://soundcloud.com/beloncfy/cinema-demo-2-v2-m4a

Mastered version - Removed the built-in EQ and limiting volume to ensure no distortion, export to Final Touch for mastering- use dynamic to reduce distortion, limiter to increase loudness, stereo expander, much better EQ.. with their professional algorithm and sound processing engine, the final result are much better than XMS effect.
https://soundcloud.com/beloncfy/cinema- ... ed-version

project in xms "with style" ? What is this?
belon_cfy

Postby TripMX » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:20 pm

belon_cfy wrote:A month I think , because I'm not 12hours X 7days worked on it. :D Some time just leave it there for a week because really shortage of idea to continue.

Just try my best to release full potential of Music Studio even the feature is still very limited compare to computer version of DAW, It can do a lot better than others IOS DAW such as Beat Maker2 ,Nano Studio, and even GarageBand. :mrgreen:

I instantly bought the Music Studio and unlock all the instruments after I saw this .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0USY5AMywM

Haha one month, that's quite a long time, but what matters the most is the final result, and it shows all of the hard work you put into this composition; hats off to you! :D

The longest I've ever worked on a single song was around 2 and a half weeks, and that was because of procrastination, homework, final exams, etc., lol.

Midisound is a professional musician, and he's very knowledgeable about XMS and other music production tools. He can give you some great advice. ;)

I had bought Music Studio (v1) around 5 years ago and started making music exclusively with it. I paid the whole $30 ($15 for the app; $15 for all instruments) on the first day of purchase. I'm still using it to this day~ :)

I've heard both versions of your song, and of course the mastered version is better. It still is possible to pull off a good mastering with the raw XMS tools/settings, but it'd take more time to get right.
TripMX

Next

Return to Showcase