The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Katy Perry - Firework (Daybreak Pony Remix)

Share your songs with others.

Postby Daymusik » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:47 am

Boy has it been a while since I've posted here. Rightfully so, I have kind of moved away from using Music Studio and have been working more on bettering my FL Studio skills (anyone else notice how FL Studio Mobile looks exactly like Music Studio? Is there a reason for that?).
Well, after living with the spoils that FL Studio brings, I went back and listened to an old song, I remix, I made using Music Studio. Listening back to it now, it's nothing short of mediocre and there are various musical choices I have no clue why I made. But, there was one component of this song that I remember really feeling accomplished about.

Thankfully, the section of interest is in the beginning, so you don't have to suffer through the whole song. To create the chop and stutter effect, I literally took the vocal track, selected each piece I thought would sound okay independently, and moved them around thusly. It took quite a while to do, I remember, but I remember thinking it was worth it. Now that I have Gross Beat and various other effects via FL Studio, it really took me back listening to this and remembering how much I but into this song to really make it go from terrible sounding to sounding terrible with a neat effect :D
Daymusik

Return to Showcase