The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Dropbox

General discussion about Music Studio.

Dropbox

Postby Bianca » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:18 pm

I just read that Dropbox are about to change their system. Is there going to be a quick update to Music Studio before Dropbox shareing breaks?
Bianca

Re: Dropbox

Postby Alex » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:51 am

Right, the Dropbox API will be retired soon. The next Music Studio update will remove the Dropbox option, but we are not going to release a quick update just for that.

Dropbox sharing is still available via the "Open with..." option, if the Dropbox app is installed on iOS.

However, the "Open with..." option is not available if a project (.xms) file is selected. The next update will fix this too. The workaround is to tap Export and ZIP the file, then share the ZIP file via "Open with...".
Image Image
Alex

Postby saara » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:19 pm

What input level should I be aiming for when recording guitars both micd and unmicd? Why do I have to crank my levels on my interface to get any kind of decent volume?
saara

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Input levels depend on the hardware and the input source. As a rule of thumb, set the input gain knob (if your audio interface or mic has one) and Music Studio's input gain fader so that clipping almost occurs. Then lower it a bit more, to prevent clipping for sure.

PS: Please don't hijack threads, this one is about Dropbox. I'll move your question to a new thread soon.
Image Image
Alex

Return to General discussion