The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Music Studio as IAA node - not working?

Get help from other users.

Music Studio as IAA node - not working?

Postby Hartmut » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to music studio and I really like it - especially the great orchestral instruments.
As I use Cubase on my Windows PC, I intend to use Cubasis as main DAW on my iPad. But I do not want to dismiss the excellent instruments of Music Studio.
So I wanted to interact with Music Studio as an IAA node. Since version 2.5.1 Music Studio is able to work not only as IAA master but also as IAA node.
But when I run Cubasis, the Music Studio is not listed as an IAA app, while other compatible apps appear in the list.

I run Music Studio on an iPad Pro 9.7. The latest versions of Music Studio and Cubasis are installed.

What can I do to make Music Studio work as an IAA node?

Greeting,
Hartmut
Hartmut

Re: Music Studio as IAA node - not working?

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 am

Hi Hartmut,

Music Studio is only an IAA generator, not an IAA instrument, which means that it doesn't handle MIDI input from IAA. Hence, in Cubasis, Music Studio is not listed in the instrument screen of a MIDI track, but it's listed if you add an audio track, open Routing (in the menu on the left), tap "Mono input" and select Inter-App. Music Studio should appear in this list and can be recorded as an audio track.

By the way, there's another way to use Music Studio's orchestral instruments in Cubasis, but it would be hard work: You could use the MiniSampler in Cubasis to manually recreate the SSO instruments from the original samples. Here's the link to the originals: https://sso.mattiaswestlund.net
For more information about how Music Studio uses the SSO see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2066&start=10
Image Image
Alex

Re: Music Studio as IAA node - not working?

Postby Hartmut » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:58 am

Hi Alex,

thank you for your answer. That's very interesting. 8-)
Hartmut

Return to Support