The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Midi program change

Get help from other users.

Midi program change

Postby Francis222 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Hello,
Manual says I can send program change CC with Music Studio, but I can't figure where it's possible to enter such message. All I want is when I change a project (song), my bass synth (Moog Minitaur) patch change automatically.

Any trick to do that ? Do I need to add these CC in a DAW and then import the MIDI files in Music Studio with those command already in them ?

Thanks!
Francis222

Re: Midi program change

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 am

Music Studio (the iOS version) doesn't have full MIDI CC support, the only way to manually send certain MIDI CC events is the Send Params button in the MIDI Setup:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=10#Send_params_button
Image Image
Alex

Postby Francis222 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Sorry, but I don't understand. What do you mean by ''manually send'' ? Is there a way to program the CC and program changes in Music Studio or do I need to include those messages in a MIDI file that I create elsewhere and then import it to Music Studio (and the press ''Send params'' so those messages that I created in another program are sent to my synths).

I just don't get it. Sure I understand that if you press that, then it will send CC messages and not only notes, but how can I add those CC messages ?
Francis222

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:08 pm

What do you mean by ''manually send'' ?

When you tap the button, MIDI program change, CC7 and CC10 events are sent to the MIDI output once (for every track).

Is there a way to program the CC and program changes in Music Studio

No, Music Studio doesn't playback MIDI CC and program changes.

or do I need to include those messages in a MIDI file that I create elsewhere and then import it to Music Studio

That won't work either, Music Studio ignores MIDI CC and program changes when importing MIDI files.

I'm sorry but Music Studio can't do what you're looking for, "MIDI CC track type to send arbitrary MIDI events during playback via MIDI OUT" is still on the list of feature suggestions:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409
Image Image
Alex

Postby Francis222 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks a lot for your help. Been using Music Studio for almost 2 years now for live sequencing duties and find it perfect. But now I absolutly need program change... so I will have to drop MS in favor of something else.
Francis222

Return to Support